Ellis County is an ideal location to locate or expand a business:
- Central location provides access to multiple markets and metro areas, in many cases overnight
- Access to Interstate 70 and US Hwy 183 provide convenient truck access for inbound/outbound shipments
- Access to a Class I rail carrier adds flexibility to your logistics program
- Fort Hays State University and NCK Technical College provide a pool of trained potential employees, as well as providing customizable training programs
- Partnerships with local/state/federal resources provide a network of business support
Contact the Ellis County Coalition to find out why locating to Ellis County and Hays makes good business sense.
Are you thinking of starting your own business in Ellis County?
Check out the Kansas Business Center. The Kansas Business Center is your official state resource for information, filings, and personal assistance to start or maintain your Kansas business. If you’re thinking about starting a business, the Kansas Business Center is a one-stop-shop for the information and resources you’ll need in order to do business in Kansas.
Do you need help making you business plan? Kansas Small Business Development Center in Hays created a Business Plan Tool to help you with the process. The mission of the KSBDC is to increase economic prosperity in Kansas by helping entrepreneurs and small business owners start and grow their businesses though professional consulting, training and resources.